On May 26, our partner André Bastos Venturini will participate, together with other experts in the area, in a debate on the analysis of intellectual property (IP) aspects of drugs and vaccines against Covid-19 during a 2-hour webinar organized by FICPI – International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys.
Patents have played a very important role in Covid-19 vaccine development and have boosted research, stimulating investments. In spite of this, some states and a number of NGOs deem patents a hindrance to a fair distribution of vaccines around the world, especially in developing countries and are lobbying in favor of a waiver to patent rights. In this webinar, speakers from different countries will present the point of view of their governments and of the IP profession in their countries.
– Dr Francesco Paolo Vatti of Fumero s.r.l., Italy; FICPI Member of Honour and Assistant Treasurer General (Moderator)
– Enrico Zanoli of Zanoli & Giavarini S.P.A., Italy; Member of the Collegio Italiano dei Consulenti in Proprietà Industriale
– Rowan Joseph of Von Seidels, South Africa; FICPI Executive Committee Delegate
– R. Danny Huntington of Rothwell Figg IP Professionals, USA; FICPI President of Honour
– Dr Deepa Kachroo Tiku of K&S, India; Member of FICPI’s Study & Work Committee Group 5