On Monday, August 10, 2020, the Brazilian government published Public Consultation #46/2020 for subsidies applications under the Intellectual Property National Strategy (ENPI) program (“Estratégia Nacional de Propriedade Intelectual -ENPI”). The main objective is to improve Brazilian competitivity and economic development for the next ten years.
The ENPI was split into seven strategic routes, namely below:
- IP for competitivity and development;
- IP dissemination and professional formation;
- IP institutional empowerment;
- Update of IP legal frameworks;
- IP compliance and legal security;
- IP Intelligence and vision for the future; and
- Inclusion of Brazil in global IP system.
Applications will be accepted, individually, by the specific forms up to August 30, 2020. Thereafter, they will analysed and could be included in the final version of the ENPI.
For more details, access to forms, and reports, please, see the official link here.